Discover the true identity of each of the members of the Evil Trinity of the Book of Revelation: the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet.
Today’s topic is one of the mysteries of Bible prophecy for the end time: how the anti-christ’s power will be restored. But as you’ll see it’s also a very current topic, having to do with the Trump presidency and his style of government. This is a 2-part study because first we need to lay the biblical foundation, and then we’ll proceed to analyze current events.
Today we’ll be unveiling the identity of the mysterious figure in the Book of Revelation called “the false prophet”. The false prophet first appears in Revelation chapter 16, then in chapters 18 and 19. Satan has a counterfeit for everything God does or has. The false prophet is the third member of the evil trinity, joined by the dragon and the beast. Today we’re going to unveil the identity of this mysterious persona known in the Bible as the false prophet.
This is one of the most important studies I’ve shared with you so far related to present truth or truth for the end time. Why do I say that? Because most Christians are looking to the Middle East for the fulfillment of prophecy. They’re waiting for the third temple to be built and animal sacrifices to be restored in that temple. They’re being deceived. Who’s deceiving them? Precisely: the false prophet.
End time prophecy is being fulfilled not in the Middle East but here in the United States, which is exactly where the Bible says that end time events will unfold first. Then through America’s influence prophecy will be fulfilled in the rest of the world.
Jesus said to his disciples: “For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect” (Matthew 24:24). Remember, Satan is the great deceiver “who deceives the whole world”, according to Revelation 12:9. Make sure to stay with me until the very end so that you won’t be deceived. Let’s get started!
End Time Evil Casting
My first goal today is to demonstrate to you that the last evil actor is now on stage. The end time drama that will take us to the Second Coming of Christ couldn’t unfold until the false prophet came on the scene. By the end of this study you’ll see as clearly as I do that Jesus is coming soon, He’s even at the door. The end time casting is complete.
But before we examine how the false prophet came on the scene of world events and the important role he’s already starting to play, we need to go to the Bible first to set some context. We never want to interpret the Bible based on current events, instead we want to interpret current events based on the Bible.
The evil trinity of the dragon, the beast and the false prophet is first mentioned in Revelation 16. Let’s identify each one of them from the Bible.
The dragon is Satan himself. The Bible tells us so in Revelation 12:9 where it describes the war that took place in heaven when Michael the Archangel defeated Satan: “So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him”.
Then we learn in Revelation 13:2 that the dragon gave the beast – also known as the anti-christ – his power, his throne, and great authority. So the beast serves the dragon directly and promotes the dragon’s agenda.
The beast is the anti-christ, described in Revelation 13 and in Revelation 17 it’s labeled as the great harlot. The same power is also described in Daniel 7 – 8 as the little horn and in chapter 11 as the king of the north. All of these Bible passages are referring to the same evil power.
Let’s do a quick recap of the key facts:
- In Bible prophecy a beast is a king or kingdom, in today’s language we’d say a nation or a ruler.
- The beast of the sea (aka the anti-christ) rose out of a densely populated region of the world. In Bible prophecy water signifies peoples and multitudes, therefore the sea being a large body of water represents many peoples and multitudes.
- Gets its power, seat and authority from the dragon (Revelation 13:2). Until the time that the beast came on the scene, the Church acknowledged only one Head: Christ. The anti-christ beast came to supplant Christ’s role as Head of the Church.
- The beast or anti-christ power was allowed to make war against God’s saints and to prevail against them. The saints were given into his hand for 1260 years (“a time and times and half a time”), during the Middle Ages.
- The little horn of Daniel 7 and 8 spoke pompous words and blasphemies against God. These pompous words and blasphemies are very subtle. It’s never a direct attack against God, but insidiously positioning itself in the place of God. This by the way is what “anti” means in Greek: not “against”, but “in replacement of”, “as a substitute for”. The anti-christ power claims to occupy the place of God on the earth and to have the powers of God, for example to forgive sins which only God has power to do and to change God’s law..
- The anti-christ or beast power tried to change the law of God as well as God’s time of worship and His prophetic timeline (Daniel 7:25). Let’s read Daniel 7:25:
“He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time”.
- “And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world” (Revelation 13:7-8). The beast gets to rule over the entire world.
- “He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword” (Revelation 13:10). This beast power would receive a deadly wound with the sword, meaning that military power would be used against it to decommission it. This happened in 1798 after the French Revolution.
- In Revelation 17 this anti-christ power is described as a woman, a harlot. This woman is drunk with the blood of the saints and of the martyrs of Jesus (Revelation 17:6).
- The kings of the earth committed fornication with the harlot church. Fornication refers to spiritual adultery (Revelation 17:2). This woman that symbolizes a church didn’t remain faithful to God. She sought worldly power instead of seeking spiritual power. She seduced the kings of the earth in order to gain political influence.
- The inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication. The wine of Babylon is false teachings that have made the nations drunk so that they stagger and fall. Isaiah 28 describes how the wine of Babylon made even the prophets and priests drunk. We’re going to consider that passage shortly.
- Revelation 17:4: “The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls”
- This woman sits on seven mountains (Revelation 17:8). Any travel guide will tell you this is Rome, the city of seven hills.
The inescapable conclusion even from this quick analysis of the key scriptures is that the anti-christ beast is the Roman Catholic papacy. The pope has a dual role: head of Vatican state (called the Holy See) and of the Roman Catholic Church. So the pope rules over church and state. During the period of papal supremacy and more recently since the healing of the wound began, the pope is a key player in affairs of state with the rulers of the nations. The Roman Catholic Church wanted political power instead of seeking spiritual power. The harlot church persecuted those who disagreed with her teachings and traditions. History confirms that at least 50 million people (conservative estimate) were killed during the persecution and inquisition led by the Catholic Church during the Middle Ages.
Rome’s wine is the wine of Babylon: false pagan teachings and traditions that she incorporated as doctrine, instead of living by the Word of God. She adorns herself with art and architecture, luxurious stones and precious metals. Her leaders, the cardinals and bishops as well as the pope, dress in robes of purple and scarlet and wear a Babylonian mitre shaped like a fish head, in remembrance of the worship of a Babylonian false god whom I won’t name but is described in 1 Samuel 5.
I fully understand that my assertion that the Roman Catholic papacy is the anti-christ is completely counter-intuitive. You may find it hard to believe if it’s the first time you’ve heard this.
Please understand that when I say that the papacy is the beast or the anti-christ I’m referring to the Roman Catholic hierarchy, not the Roman Catholic believers. God has many of His faithful people in that church. They love Him and serve Him to the best of their knowledge and ability. Half of my family is Catholic. But the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic system knowingly works against God’s designs. She embraced harmful pagan teachings and traditions in order to gain worldly power and assimilate all faiths into her bosom. Worst of all, the pope as her leader has taken the place of Christ on earth, whom the Bible declares as the only divinely appointed Head of the Church.
If you want to have more detailed evidence of why the papacy is the anti-christ, please go back and listen to one of my early podcasts called “009 – The Mark of the Beast”.
The Earth Beast
The false prophet is closely associated with the beast that rose out of the earth. In order to understand the false prophet we first need to analyze the beast that rose out of the earth, described in Revelation 13:11-17. Let’s quickly review the characteristics and the identity of the earth beast which set the scene for the false prophet.
- Contrary to the sea beast that rose out of the sea (a densely populated region), the earth beast rose out of the earth, a sparsely populated region.
- Earth beast comes on the world scene around the period when the anti-christ beast received its deadly wound. We said earlier that happened in 1798 when one of Napoleon’s generals overthrew the papal power and took the pope prisoner. The only nation that meets these criteria of rising up in a sparsely populated territory around the time of the French Revolution that started in 1789 is the United States.
- Had two horns like a lamb. Horns in the Bible are symbols of power. This earth beast represents a kingdom or a nation that combines two powers. What are these two powers represented by the two horns like a lamb? The two powers recognized by the American Constitution: the power of the state (Republicanism) and the power of the church (Protestantism). The United States was founded on the principle of separation of church and state. This is in affinity with the views of Jesus – the Lamb – on the matter. We’re going to come back to this point shortly.
- The republican separation of church and state was a very different type of government from the widespread papal power. The papacy united church and state all across Europe during the 1260 years of papal dominion. It worked through the kings of the earth to impose its laws and taxes. The papal form of government came to an end in 1798 shortly after the French Revolution. France and other European nations followed the example of the United States and became republics, meaning that there’s no monarchy or the monarchy is symbolic, having little real power. Instead an elected, representative government executes the will of the people – at least in theory. We’ve strayed from that in reality but it remains the governing principle.
- The earth beast had the horns of a lamb but spoke like a dragon. This means that the United States will make laws and execute policies that go against the Lamb. The Lamb is Jesus Christ. It will speak as a dragon, and we saw earlier that the dragon is Satan. This earth beast nation will have a government that appears to be in affinity with Jesus, but ultimately speaks as Satan. This is precisely where we’re headed with our study today: we’re going to look at the ways in which the US, led by Donald Trump, is starting to resemble Rome, the beast that gets its power, seat and authority from Satan (Revelation 13:2).
- Exercises authority on behalf of the first beast, the anti-christ power. The United States is going to impose the policies and style of government of Rome. What does that mean? It means that the US will renege of the principle of separation of church and state. Actually, in the present tense, it’s already reneging, as we’ll see. The US is forgetting its roots and how it came into existence. Everything that the founding fathers stood for will be made irrelevant by our current rulers who will progressively implement a Vatican-style government uniting church and state.
- Causes the whole earth to worship the first beast whose wound is healed. Now we’re getting to the bottom of it. Never forget that Satan is behind all of this. The core end time issue is about worship. The dragon wants worship and the beast wants worship. The US marshals all nations to worship the beast and through the beast the dragon. This imposed worship will be disguised under reasonings related to the family and the environment. It leads to the national Sunday Law. The Sunday Law will be introduced first in the US and then progressively across the other nations.
- The earth beast performs great signs in the sight of men, even making fire come down from heaven. If you remember the story of Elijah and the prophets of Baal, God sent down fire from heaven to confirm the words of His prophet. God didn’t allow Satan to do so, but in the time of the end Satan will be allowed to send down fire from heaven. Those who refuse Bible truth will be deluded and believe the lie. Counterfeit miracles will lend credibility to the earth beast and appear to corroborate its legitimacy. In these counterfeit miracles we can see how far the co-mingling of church and state have gone.
- Makes an image to the first beast. Brings to life or sets up a likeness of the first beast. This means that the earth beast aka the US sets itself up as a power that blends church and state. Because the union of church and state always results in persecution, the US will become a persecuting power, just like the first beast also was and will soon be again.
- Causes all who refuse to worship the beast – meaning to worship on Sunday – to receive the mark of the beast on their forehead or their hand. No one may buy or sell except those that have the mark of the beast. Everyone will be compelled to worship on Sunday on penalty of not being able to participate in the economy at any level. Dissidents who continue worshipping on the Lord’s Sabbath will be totally marginalized, until all human support is cut off. Finally, they’ll be viciously persecuted, incarcerated or murdered.
- In summary, the US will help restore Rome’s dominion over all the nations. Inevitably Rome will once again become the persecuting power that it was because Rome hasn’t changed. And this will result in God’s people going through a very great tribulation, much worse than during the Dark Ages. And if this seems incredible to you, farfetched, just look at the world popularity that Pope Francis has attained in only a few years. The whole world will wonder after the beast.
What’s wrong with this picture?
We need to consider a few things before we’re ready to disclose the identity of the false prophet and the role they’re currently playing in Donald Trump’s administration. Maybe you’re thinking “What’s the big deal? What’s wrong with the union of church and state? Isn’t it good for the church to have a say in politics and government?”
What is the Lamb’s view of all this? How does Jesus feel about the union of church and state? How does He view religious persecution?
Let me give you a few key scriptures that illustrate the divine view of these matters:
- Jesus declared: “My Kingdom is not of this world” (John 18:36).
- For this reason the stone that destroys the statue in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream is cut without hands, meaning without human intervention. Let’s read Daniel 2:44, the interpretation of the stone that destroys the statue: “And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever”. In other words, the Kingdom of God is incompatible with the kingdoms of the world. God must destroy all other kingdoms in order to set up His Kingdom.His kingdom can’t even coexist with other people that are not His people.
- I’m sure you know the famous passage, when Jesus was tested by the scribes and Pharisees about paying taxes to Caesar, He said: “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s” (Matthew 22:21). This is evidence that Jesus recognized two kingdoms: the earthly kingdom and the heavenly kingdom.
- What about persecution: how does Jesus feel about His people being persecuted? Let’s turn to the Book of Acts Chapter 9 for the answer. You all know the story. Saul is on the way to Damascus to imprison and possibly kill more Christians, when “suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting” (Acts 9:3-5).Jesus was in heaven at the time, clearly He wasn’t being persecuted by Saul. Jesus was teaching Saul that He Himself is being persecuted when His saints are being persecuted.
- He expressed the same sentiment when He speaking of the Last Judgment He said “Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me” (Matthew 25:39).
Some of you may be skeptical that America, the land to which the pilgrims fled to find religious freedom, would ever impose any kind of worship by law. The First Amendment of the American Constitution guarantees religious freedom, doesn’t it? It says “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof”. So how could this country legislate against the Constitution? The Bible clearly says it will.
I believe that the Babylon will make the President and our senators and congressmen as well as our Supreme Court justices drunk with the wine of her fornication.
Listen to this extraordinary Bible passage: “For your merchants were the great men of the earth, for by your sorcery all the nations were deceived. And in her was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who were slain on the earth” (Revelation 18:23-24). Remember Jezebel, the sorceress queen who persecuted Elijah and killed the true prophets of God? The Bible is telling us that the Jezebel spirit will work in and through the Catholic Church to do witchcraft and put spells on the kings of the earth.
Let’s consider another verse in the same chapter, Revelation 18: “I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow” (Revelation 18:7). It’s no coincidence that in the same chapter the Holy Spirit talks about sorcery and refers to Rome as a queen. These passages reveal a direct connection between Jezebel and the Roman Catholic Church. That connection was already introduced in Revelation 2 when Jesus is speaking to the 4th of the Seven Churches, Thyatira, which corresponds to the period when the Church was rising within the collapsing Roman Empire and consolidating her power and dominion over the Barbarian tribes. Listen to this fascinating quote from churchpages.net: “With the Roman empire collapsing, the pope by 450 AD called himself Pontiff or ‘high priest of the Babylonian mysteries’. “Pontiff comes from the Latin word for bridge, presumably bridge between heaven and earth. Only Jesus can be the bridge between heaven and earth. The pope also called himself ‘high priest of the Babylonian mysteries’ so that he could make inroads amongst the pagan barbarians that were invading the Roman empire”. Sorcery is nothing new to the Roman Church.
But in reality, the kings of the earth are seduced by Jezebel because the Lord allows it. Listen to these two interesting verses in Revelation 17, the chapter on the harlot church: “These (referring to the ten kings of the earth who reign with the beast) are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast” (Revelation 17:13). There’s a second witness: “For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.” (Revelation 17:17-18).
It may appear like Rome is in control but in reality God is in control. The kings of the earth are “of one mind” to yield to Rome so that God’s end time plan may be fulfilled.
The False Prophet
Now we have enough biblical context to be able to disclose who the false prophet is. First of all, let’s rule out who it’s not. The false prophet is not the dragon. The false prophet is not the beast (referring to the sea beast or the anti-christ). The false prophet is a persona distinct from the dragon and the anti-christ beast.
Although the false prophet is distinct from the dragon and the sea beast, it actually is amalgamated with the other entity in this drama: the earth beast, referring to the United States. I use the word amalgamated deliberately.
If you think back to the famous prophecy in Daniel 2 about the statue in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream, the feet and toes of the statue represent the last earthly kingdom before the Lord’s Kingdom is established. The feet and toes of the statue were an amalgamation of iron and clay, partly strong and partly soft or brittle (depending on the Bible translation). The iron and clay represent the power of the state and the power of the church, respectively. The last earthly kingdom before Jesus comes retains the iron of the statue’s legs – representing the Roman Empire – and adds to it the clay, symbolizing the power of the Roman Catholic Church – thus becoming the Holy Roman Empire. The Holy Roman Empire is an amalgamation of church and state. The church ruler is also a state ruler and vice-versa. All historians recognize the Roman pope as the direct successor of the Roman emperor.
Now you’re probably wondering what on earth does the Holy Roman Empire have to do with the United States and especially with Donald Trump? Here is the patience of the saints! We’re getting there.
The US government (the earth beast) is going to amalgamate or join with the false prophet, whose identity I’m going to reveal momentarily, and give life to a form of government which is an image of the anti-christ beast’s, it is like the beast’s form of government. Let’s read from the Bible, talking about the earth beast:
“And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast (referring to the sea beast or anti-christ), telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak (establish policies and laws) and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed” (Revelation 13:14-15).
The false prophet and the earth beast come together, representing the union of church and state, Roman style. They amalgamate, like the clay and the iron of the feet and toes of Nebuchadnezzar’s statue. Like Rome they become a persecuting power, imprisoning and killing those who do not yield to the dictates of Rome. The false prophet and the earth beast join to become a mirror of the anti-christ beast. They become the image and likeness of Rome. Together they will govern like the Vatican governs, inevitably resulting in fierce persecution of dissenters.
But once again, who is the false prophet? Is it Roman cardinals or bishops? Is it Catholic politicians in office, as many thought of John Kennedy when he was in office in the 1960’s? No, and here’s the real counterintuitive twist to the end time story. The false prophet is apostate Protestantism. It’s Protestant church leaders who’ve lost their north, who no longer live or lead their flocks by Bible truths and principles. It’s Protestant leaders who’ve given up the protest, who disavow their Protestant heritage and no longer believe that Bible truth is worth living by and dying for.
Is there any scripture confirming this statement? Yes there is. Listen to what the Bible says in Revelation 17:5, speaking of the harlot woman: “And on her forehead a name was written:
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH”.
The mother church, the Roman Catholic Church, has many daughters, the Protestant churches who continue in the traditions and beliefs of the mother church. The Bible calls these Protestant Churches harlots. These are not my words, these are God’s words. And why does He call them harlots?
For the sake of unity with other Protestant denominations and with Rome they’ve already compromised on most matters of doctrine. In fact, they learned from the mother church the art of compromising principles in order to appeal to the masses and gain political power. Most of these Protestant leaders shepherd mega-churches in large US cities. Many of them have celebrity status in the media. Apostate Protestants are willing to unite with Pope Francis on the basis that “the Protest is over”.
But there are some very serious doctrinal issues that are being swept under the carpet, and this is exactly where we’ll pick up next time as we meet for Part 2 of this study, called “054 – Trump and the False Prophet”. Until then, may God bless you and keep you.