“The largest consumer group for internet pornography is children between 12 and 17.”
The “evil internet” is a dark world filled with all manner of abominations. The minds of many children and teenagers are being warped in their formative years through unrestrained consumption of these evil images. Parents who work of for other reasons leave their children unsupervised day after day may find themselves one day face to face with a police officer coming to confiscate their computers and smart phones for visiting illicit internet sites.
A UK therapist said about one of his young clients: “Jamie is 13 and hasn’t even kissed a girl. But he’s now on the Sex Offender Register after online porn warped his mind…” This is the sad headline of a recent Daily Mail News article that I strongly encourage you to read.
Our children are under assault from every side. This is not a safe world for them. They could easily go missing, taken victim to a pedophile ring. If you don’t believe me, listen to our latest two podcasts where we discuss rampant pedophilia and the disappearance of 800 000 children in the US alone:
What can you do if you’re a parent?
- Pray! Keep your children covered in prayer day and night. Ask for their holy guardian angel to excel in strength so that he may protect and help keep them on the right path.
- Don’t leave your children unsupervised for long hours. Ask them about their activities. It’s normal and healthy for you to want to know what they’re up to.
- Be mindful of their friends, especially if they’re hanging out with older children.
- Be especially vigilant if they’re spending inordinately long hours on their computers and phones, particularly if: their school performance is deteriorating, they’re overly introverted, and/or they start exhibiting strange behaviors.
- Personally, as much as I respect children’s personal space, I do believe that if parents’ suspicion is aroused they have every right to and indeed should investigate their children’s computer and smartphone browsing history.
- You have to create a holy atmosphere in the home with family prayer and worship. Fathers need to be the high priests of the home and exercise their spiritual authority.
- Pray for your child’s deliverance if you believe they’ve become addicted to porn. Porn opens doors into the demonic realm. You should also consider doing one-day fasts if you discover your child has a real problem. There is no demon that can prevail against Jesus Christ. Make Him the King of your home.
Don’t hide your head under the sand if your child is afflicted with porn obsession. Confront it head on and tell Satan the adversary “you can’t have my children”. Claim this beautiful promise in Isaiah 49:25: “But thus says the Lord: Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible be delivered; for I will contend with him who contends with you, and I will save your children.”