Podcasting is a new type of media that puts you fully in control of your listening experience. Podcasting is to radio what YouTube is to television.
A podcast is an audio file, generally in MP3 format, that you can receive automatically from the internet to your computer, smartphone (iPhone or Android), iPod, and/or MP3 player.
Advantages of listening to a podcast:
- Freedom to listen at any time of day or night, instead of being limited to a specific broadcast day/time.
- You can rewind a podcast, pause it, and play it back as many times as you wish.
- You can take your podcast with you wherever you go – once it’s been downloaded to your device it doesn’t matter if you’re in an area with bad internet connectivity you’ll still be able to play it.
- Podcasts are commercial-free.
- You only receive podcasts you’ve subscribed to.
- There is no “spam” as with email.
- Most podcasts are free and there is no limit to how many you can subscribe to.
- You receive new episodes by subscribing to a “podcast feed”, often called an RSS feed.
- There’s no screen-time required to listen to a podcast. You can be driving, walking your dog, jogging, cooking, gardening or doing your nails…
“Setting the Record Straight: God’s truth for this generation” is available on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, iHeartRadio, BlackBerry, Zune, and other podcast directories. Just type the full name into their respective Search box. If you subscribe you’ll automatically receive new episodes.